Holy Bird is a poetic and at the same time surrealistic drama of an aged writer who is leading a life as a hermit in the woods. The only contact he has is with his dead bird. Thinking that he has failed in life, he desperately tries to get new inspiration. Is the bird secretly trying to tell him something? Suddenly a ballet dancer and a photographer are entering the scene to take a photograph. They drive him slowly to the back of his trailer where he falls on his bed. Now it is only waiting for the photo to be shot.
Holy Birds (film productions)
Holy Birds is a Berlin based film-production company of writer and director Marc Wagenaar.
The first film this company presents is ‘Holy Bird’, starring Rolf Kanies, and was shot in the woods 50 kilometres from Berlin. The website shows little detailed flying objects which have all been used in the films. The logo is a skeleton of a bird standing in a cross.
Writer and director Marc Wagenaar is the founder of the film-production company Holy Birds. He received his Bachelor degree in communication, with his strategic communication plan for Record Label ‘PIAS’ and film distributors ‘Twinpics’ and ‘Cineart’. On invitation of the award winning documentary maker Viola Stephan, he moved to Berlin.
In Berlin he completed internships for Tonmeister Adrian Baumeister at the Post Republic and Berlinale Panorama, and has worked on several short-films as Berlina, the flying Ballerina and Knopka. In April 2012 he shot his own written short-film Holy Bird.
He names Charlie Chaplin, Andrej Tarkovsky, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Aleksandr Sokurov, David Lynch, Roman Polanski & Ingmar Bergman to have great influence on his work.
Currently he is working on two new film projects: ‘The Eggman’ and ‘Clowns’. He also works for the film and documentary production company Honolulu tv and can be found behind the bar of the Michelberger Hotel.
- Charlie Chaplin – The Circus - Imdb
- Andrei Tarkovsky – Ivan’s Childhood – Imdb
- Jean-Luc Godard – Le mépris – Imdb
- Alejandro Jodorowsky – The Holy Mountain – Imdb
- Roman Polanski – Cul-de-sac – Imdb
- Aleksandr Sokurov – Solntse – Imdb
- Federico Fellini – 8½ – Imdb
- Henri-Georges Clouzot – Le corbeau – Imdb
- Luchino Visconti – Morte a Venezia – Imdb
- David Lynch – Lost Highway – Imdb
- Béla Tarr – Werckmeister harmóniák – Imdb
- Michelangelo Antonioni – Blow Up – Imdb
- John Cassavetes – A Woman Under the Influence – Imdb
- Ingmar Bergman – Persona – Imdb
- Leos Carax – Boy Meets Girl – Imdb
- Roy Andersson – Sånger från andra våningen – Imdb
- Krzysztof Kieslowski – Trois couleurs: Rouge – Imdb
- Jean-Pierre Melville – Le samouraï – Imdb
- Thomas Vinterberg – Festen – Imdb
- Alfred Hitchcock – Rear Window – Imdb
- James Ivory – The Remains of the Day – Imdb
- Robert Bresson – L’argent – Imdb
- Andrei Tarkovsky – Offret – Imdb
- Stanley Kubrick – A Clockwork Orange – Imdb
- Robin Hardy – The Wicker Man – Imdb
Google Maps für Ihre Website
+49 (0)157 8 95 39 576